Re: Better way to get correct slur shapes?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Better way to get correct slur shapes?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:43:47 +0100

On 17.02.2018 17:38, Stefano Troncaro wrote:
Hi Knute, Simon,

A little question if you don't mind, what is the override to NoteColumn.ignore-collision for? I took it out of your example and I don't see a difference in the results.

Hmmm, that’s just something I habitually insert whenever I use \hideNotes, since sometimes the hidden notes will still distort spacing. I didn’t check for this here.

Best, Simon

    Thanks Simon, that's a great tool.

    I changed the function just a bit so that the stems of the eighth
    notes in the lower voices aren't so long:

    %%%%
    dummy =
    #(define-music-function (mus) (ly:music?)
       #{
         \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
         \voiceTwo
         \once \omit Stem
         \once \omit Flag
         $mus
         \revert NoteColumn.ignore-collision
         \voiceOne
       #})
    %%%%

    ---
    Knute Snortum
    (via Gmail)

    On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Simon Albrecht
        #(define-music-function (mus) (ly:music?)
           #{
             \hideNotes
             \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
             \voiceTwo
             $mus
             \unHideNotes
             \revert NoteColumn.ignore-collision
             \voiceOne
           #})

        \relative {
          \time 6/8
          \key g \minor

          r8 << { <df'' f>4*1/2( \dummy f,8) } \\ { af8 f } >>

          r8 << { <ef' g>4*1/2( \dummy g,8) } \\ { bf8 g } >> |
        }

        I think, the slur shapes Lily chooses there are quite neat.

        Best, Simon