Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:00:20 +0100

Hans Åberg <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14 Feb 2018, at 11:34, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The mice were running around openly and rather visibly before that.
>> Already when the cats were confined to one stable cell, the difference
>> was staggering.  When they roamed freely, it was overwhelming.  They
>> couldn't have caught hundreds of mice in that time frame: it's just that
>> the visibility of the rodents dropped by wagonloads.  And ultimately
>> likely also their number, probably more because they did not dare come
>> looking for food than through actual killings.
>
> Perhaps you might check in some mouse trap channel, e.g.
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTx5y_bufwk

Need to be live traps because of the lady of the house, and constantly
baiting them and driving the prisoners off to the other side of the
canal gets old.  Also doesn't put much of a dent in the population.  And
live traps for rats are hopeless.  You capture about three rats per trap
type.  Then they merrily run around the trap, somehow manage to fish out
the bait from top or side, or blockade the mechanism with rocks and/or
debris.  First generation rat poison (in order to at least keep the
kitchen free from nightly visitors) doesn't faze them all that much.  I
think we handed more than three packages in our kitchen (at least the
nightly treat kept them from foraging too much elsewhere) before we gave
up on that.  Which is ugly because with that stuff at least secondary
poisoning (namely birds of prey or cats descending on the victims) is
not much of an issue as the stuff is metabolized within a few days.

At any rate, it should be clear that I know much more than I'd really
want to about this issue.  Our cats are at best so-so for rats, but they
definitely are without much of an alternative concerning the mouse
density.  We didn't get them lightly, particularly so since cats are
territorial and we already had the useless cat in the accordion video.

--
David Kastrup