Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:34:17 +0100

Hans Åberg <address@hidden> writes:

>>> The cat is great, even giving an audience response after the
>>> performance.
>>
>> It turns out that with setting up all the recording stuff I'd usually
>> end up around feeding time of this cat (the roommate it belongs to
>> has moved out by now, and the cats we now have for sake of pest
>> control have regular working hours during which they are not to enter
>> the house).
>
> Cats are very effective in that; Alexander Selkirk couldn't sleep,
> tormented by rodents, until he befriended some cats left on the island
> he was.

I can imagine.  We got the two cats on duty (the one on the video never
dared move more than 2m from the house and thus was no help) when they
were about three or four months old I think.  They were locked in one
stable cell for a few days, and then overnight for a few days longer.
The mice were running around openly and rather visibly before that.
Already when the cats were confined to one stable cell, the difference
was staggering.  When they roamed freely, it was overwhelming.  They
couldn't have caught hundreds of mice in that time frame: it's just that
the visibility of the rodents dropped by wagonloads.  And ultimately
likely also their number, probably more because they did not dare come
looking for food than through actual killings.

>> I tried keeping the door to the recording room closed, but then it
>> would scratch at the door and make more of a ruckus than when it
>> could just wander in and see there was nothing to be had.
>
> You might extract a clip "Cat photobombs Air" in a suitable category
> so see if it gets viral. :-)

Look, I'm glad that I manage dozens of views for some of the music
videos I create, some even with more "Like" than "Dislike" ratings (in
the rare case that ratings are given at all).  I don't want to find out
that videos like <https://youtu.be/CNDPpUWz6T8> would be much more
popular.

--
David Kastrup