Re: LilyPond/LaTeX template for Anglican chant

From: Gregrs
Subject: Re: LilyPond/LaTeX template for Anglican chant
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:19:28 +0000

Hi Simon,

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 07:01:52PM +0100, Simon Albrecht wrote:

Looks nice, thanks for sharing!
Did you consider using Urs’ lilyglyphs package for the dynamics? Of course that would require compiling with xelatex or lualatex…

Thanks. I wanted to use plain LaTeX but using the lilyglyphs package would certainly be a nice option for the dynamics, and not having to consider what the bold italic variant of a font looks like for the dynamics would allow a greater range of fonts for the text.

I've just experimented with this, and for anyone wanting to try this out, you'd need to do the following:

In psalm.ltx add \usepackage{fontspec} and \usepackage{lilyglyphs}, and in \includegraphics, change the resolution and scale options to just scale=0.1164.

In psalm.sty, change the definition of \dyn to \lilyDynamics{#1}.

In Makefile, change pdflatex to xelatex.

I've added a xelatex branch to the GitHub repository with these changes but I think I'll stick with LaTeX as the default option for now.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk