Re: Piano staff notes across both staffs, another problem

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: Piano staff notes across both staffs, another problem
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 16:20:33 +0100

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your replies.
I understand that what I want is, in LilyPond, impossible by regular means, and/or unusual if realized by a weird trick, moving a note-head to the wrong side of the stem. That would be rather ugly, I think.

Still, what I want to do is not my idea. To illustrate what I'm talking about I will have to include two more screenshots from serious publications.

     and .
Different works from the same composer.
Does it look wrong or repulsive?
Would it really be impossible to realize it in LilyPond?
Btw, I just see another posible dirty trick to realize it.

Thanks anyway,

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone