Re: Function or command to omit only certain accidentals of a chord?

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: Function or command to omit only certain accidentals of a chord?
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 23:52:33 -0300

Thank you for your help everyone!

After a lot of stumbling around I finally managed to expand Jan-Peters' function so that it can modify more than one note in a given chord. I attached it so its available for anyone interested in using it.

On the other hand, I too think that the real solution would be to upgrade the Edition Engraver. But that code is way too complex for me to be able to help, so waiting is all I can do on that front.

Hi David (et al.),

> I think it would make a whole lot more sense to teach the Edition
> Engraver how to mark/identify and tweak single items.

+1

At the risk of opening a serious can-o'-worms… I would love for you (David K.) — who has the best Lilypond-fundamentals programming mind I know — to glance through the EE codebase, to see if you can see any ways to help Jan-Peter improve and/or extend it. All of the EE code is well above my pay grade, unfortunately, but a quick dak-glance might reveal some revolutionary things/thinks.

Thanks/Best,
Kieren.