Re: coding question about include-d tweak/function files

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: coding question about include-d tweak/function files
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:27:13 +0100

Am 30.01.2018 um 22:14 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
On 30.01.2018 17:22, Urs Liska wrote:
Thinking about it, that would be a path to writing an \includeOnce or \require command in oll-core. The downside with that idea is that coding tools (i.e. Frescobaldi) will be able to help much less than with regular includes: no auto-completion, neither for the include itself nor for variables defined in the included files. Also you can'T open the included file with ctrl-click.

Wouldn’t it be possible to have a list in Frescobaldi of ‘include alias functions’, which for the purpose of you mention are treated just like \include? The way I think of it, a \includeOnce or \require function like you propose should have the same strings be eligible arguments, and also one could be certain that after \require "foo.ly" the contents of foo.ly would always be ‘known’ to the parser, i.e. auto-complete could be used?

Sure, but as of now Frescobaldi will not support such non-standard tools that are not part of LilyPond itself. Well, ignoring that fact I once started working on openLilyLib integration for Frescobaldi (where such functionality could be implemented), but for some reason or other I didn't get too far with that.

Urs

Best, Simon