Re: turning a blind eye to dotted note

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: turning a blind eye to dotted note
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:51:59 +0000

On 1/29/18, 8:29 AM, "bb" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Nonsense!

    I do not want lilypond to do it my way. But I want lilypond to throw an
    error message, a warning or a remark  that lilypond is breaking basic
    rules and help me to improve my limited understanding of music!

If you add bar checks, it will do so.

\version "2.19.80"
\relative { d4  cis8  c8  b8. ais8  a  gis | }

This will generate a warning, because you place a bar-check character at what
you think is the end of the bar, and it's actually 1/16 into the next bar.

That's all you need to do to get the warning you desire.

HTH,

Carl