Re: Text in alternative endings

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Text in alternative endings
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 00:11:02 +0100

Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.19.80 with Frescobaldi 2.18.1 under Linux/Ubuntu.
>
> I'm trying to substitute text for the numbers in alternative endings. I've
> struggled with this before. I've tried looking in the Notation Reference
> and in the Snippet Repository. I'm attaching the closest I've been able to
> come to what I want.
>
> I have a partial measure at the beginning, before the repeat.
> I'd like to get rid of the end-repeat sign at the beginning of the first
> alternative.
> The notes are all there, where they're supposed to be.
> The "1., etc." for the first alternative is just the way I'd like it.
> However, the bracket for the first alternative closes the repeat structure,
> and there is no enclosure or text for the second alternative.
>
> This is not intuitive to me.
>
> Can someone please help me solve this?

Look up the syntax of \alternative maybe?  It only allows _one_
brace-enclosed sequential music expression.  Every expression in this
sequential music expression is one alternative.  In particular, your
\set-command, not being included in any other expression, is an
alternative of its own.

--
David Kastrup