Re: Grace notes & Co, style question

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Grace notes & Co, style question
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 21:42:32 +0100

Hi Jacques,

in your 8 bars, you have only 4 different outcomes of your 8 different
inputs, combinations of (slashed/unslashed) and (slurred/unslurred). I
would just recommend to use the relevant command instead of adding extra
slurs to the input, i.e. to use your first line:

1. no slash, no slur: \grace
2. slash and slur: \acciaccatura
3. slash but no slur: \slashedGrace
4. no slash but slur: \appoggiatura

But that recommendation is just because it seems cleaner to me because
it does not duplicate things (slurs).

At least the duplication does not seem to have side effects, there are
no double slurs or so. I looked at the source code and the slurred
variants have a 'SlurEvent ... START and ... STOP around them. So I
guess if you add a slur, it does not change anything as the slur is
alread "activated". But the developers might correct me.

Cheers,
Joram