Re: Two conflicting text spanners

From: Neo Anderson
Subject: Re: Two conflicting text spanners
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 00:36:37 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Kieren,
I was afraid that without any instructions the code in that thread would fail,
but to my surprise it worked beautifully! Thank you!

I wonder why this isn't coded into LP itself or provided as a snippet
with the software or in some repository (or am I mistaken?)

On Monday, January 8, 2018 5:38 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Neo,

> I have two custom text spanners which overlap - they start and end at the same notes. As LP can't apparently handle both, it gives me a warning.
> "Two simultaneous text-span events, junking this one"
> I imagine there must be some way to deal with it, but my haven't found anything in LP archives.

See the thread at <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-10/msg00097.html>.
(And the situation may have been improved even further since then?)

Hope this helps,
Kieren.