Re: book use

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: book use
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:59:33 -0500

Hi Shane,

> I am trying to use the book process. The result of the attempt creates
> a document that has the headers correctly placed but the score is not.
> The score ends up have the pedal line printed and then an empty
> grandstaff printed that spans the page.
> In another much smaller project than this one I managed to get the
> whole \book thing to work but without using include. However, the
> scale of the project, around 200 files, intended would make
> reorganizing these scores into a single .ly file unpleasantly
> unmanageable.

I can't imagine any project that would ultimately *require* a single .ly file.

Of course, it's hard (read: impossible) to tell exactly what you’re doing
[wrong]… My \include files don't contain any \score blocks — just the notes
(variable definitions) — and the final book (or bookpart) file is where the
score is “built”. I have not experienced the troubles you speak of, despite
working on very large projects (e.g., dozens of multi-staff scores, each in its
own bookpart, gathered together in a separate book file). If you want, you can
send me a .zip of your file set privately, and I'll take a quick look to see if
I can diagnose the problem.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer