Re: Required font for simplified Chinese characters?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Required font for simplified Chinese characters?
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 09:18:47 +0800

Thanks to all for the advice.

And, now with a little spare time, I checked the font list:

$ lilypond -dshow-available-fonts 2>&1 | grep 'CJK SC'
family Noto Sans CJK SC
 Noto Sans CJK SC,Noto Sans CJK SC Bold:style=Bold,Regular
... and many other style variants

Unfortunately, the crash persists.

Minimal example:

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  dedication = \markup {
    \override #'(font-name . "Noto Sans CJK SC")  %% doesn't matter if I use
Mono here or not
    "为"

{ c'1 }

I also had the thought: "dedication" is in italics, so maybe it's looking for
an oblique variant that doesn't exist. So I tried ```\normal-text "为"``` but I
still get the same ghostscript crash.

$ gs --version
9.18

Quite puzzled. My .ly document compiles perfectly, until I add a single Chinese
character to a string.

hjh