Re: Custom woodwind-diagram

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Custom woodwind-diagram
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 19:48:51 +0100

On 22 November 2017 at 18:10, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Sven Axelsson <address@hidden>
Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 9:59 AM
To: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
 I just want to thank Mike Solomon for his hints off-list. I managed to get something I'm happy with by adding my instrument directly to
display-woodwind-diagrams.scm. When putting the additions in its own file however, I did not manage to resolve all dependencies. I would have thought that I could just use what was already defined, but maybe the woodwind diagram support functions are not exported for outside use. Anyways, this is fine for now.

Can you submit your revised .scm file as a patch?

Sure!

The question is, though, as a patch for what instrument? I made this for use in a Great Highland Bagpipe tutor that I'm currently working on, but it is usable for any eight hole wind instrument so I named the instrument "recorder", since that is a bit more common.

The patch also includes a change to `key-fill-translate` in define-woodwind-diagrams.scm to fill with black even for half covered holes. Personally, I don't think I have ever seen grey being used for that, but I guess it really should be made into an user settable option.

--
Sven Axelsson