Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:18:50 +0100

"Christopher R. Maden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11/21/2017 09:57 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> "The repos" for what distribution?  2.18.0 was released in December
>> 2013.  What repos carry software that has been replaced 4 years ago?
>
> Distros released 4 years ago, like Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty, supported
> through April 2019)

Supported by _Ubuntu_.

> and its derivatives, including Linux Mint 17.x.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has been out for over a year.  If you don't want to
upgrade, this has consequences for the amount of support upstream will
be able to provide for your old software.

> Like Eby, I’m generally reluctant to switch away from distro-provided
> software packages.  It’s frustrating — I wonder if there’s any way we
> can put pressure on Ubuntu to upgrade within a distro.

They'll say "use 16.04".  I doubt that they will feel that backports to
14.04 are a useful investment for anything but severe security fixes.

That being said, our packagers install (und uninstall) reasonably
smoothly.  But with 14.04, you might conceitably be hitting library
problems.

--
David Kastrup