Variable Pecking Order

From: Joe Davenport
Subject: Variable Pecking Order
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:55:13 -0700

Hello,

I am new with LilyPond but have managed to find a way of listing variables;

guitarB =
  \relative c' { d8 e f g a b c d }

voxMelodyA =
  \relative c' ...

and inserting them as an order of phrasing under the \score staff grouping. Unfortunately I am having difficulties when adding lyrics! I receive an error message that the string " " for lyricsto cannot be found. Notice that I tried to create a "voxSeq" for the vocal arrangements before putting it inside my group of staves. Perhaps I must do this for the lyrics as well...

(see context below)

\score {
\new ChoirStaff <<
  \new ChordNames { r1 r1 \chordA }