Re: Assign Dynamics Context to PianoStaff for MIDI

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: Assign Dynamics Context to PianoStaff for MIDI
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:07:39 +0100

On 10 November 2017 at 11:14, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> writes:

> I simplified the code but this also does not create any dynamics:
>
> \version "2.19.80"
>
> dynamics = {s4\ppppp \< s4 s4 s4 s4 s4 s4 s4 \!\fffff}
> music = \fixed c' {c d e f c d e f}
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff {<<\music \dynamics>>}
>   \midi { }
>   \layout {}
> }

In ly/performer-init.ly I read

\context {
  \type "Performer_group"
  \name Voice
  \consists "Dynamic_performer"
  \consists "Tie_performer"
  \consists "Piano_pedal_performer"
  \consists "Note_performer"
  \consists "Beam_performer"
  \consists "Slur_performer"
}

so dynamics are performed at Voice level, but you change them in a
_different_ Voice.

Try \new Staff { \new Voice <<\music \dynamics>>} instead in order to
get the dynamics into the same voice.

I understood absolutely nothing about what I changed etc. but it works great!  Thank you David!! Do you know where are explained these things in the documentation?
g.