Re: Transposing an entire score

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Transposing an entire score
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 22:20:08 +0000

On 07/11/17 19:13, Flaming Hakama by Elaine wrote:

> [...]
I would NEVER do that.

Especially as a trombonist (so my music is a mix of concert and Bb) I
*always* have all my music variables in concert pitch.

If I need to transpose anything, I transpose at the score level - well
away from my music. It's just not worth the confusion when trying to
keep track of what's where.

For example, I'm currently taking choral parts and arranging for brass -
I really don't have to want to worry about whether the notes are the
original choir parts or transposed for some instrument or another.

Cheers,
Wol