Re: "Guide notes"

From: Ben
Subject: Re: "Guide notes"
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:03:28 -0400

On 11/1/2017 11:03 AM, David Wright wrote:
I've sung (strictly, not sung) a great many of these
without knowing what they're officially called.
I've created this one with what looks like an awful
hack. Is there a better way in LP? (Googling
    lilypond guide note
turns up anything but.)

I can live with this as it's good enough for almost
everything I do. But if you know this dangerous
corner¹, you can see that the hack doesn't scale
to the two notes in the bass staff: you get just
one bite of the cherry.

¹ Finzi, God is gone up—I hasten to add that I'm
not setting it: it just makes a good example of
the potential problem, which here occurs five
times in three locations.

Cheers,
David.

Hi David,

Maybe something like this? Just a start...

 \tiny
      \override Stem.stencil = ##f
      \override Flag.stencil = ##f
      \override ParenthesesItem.font-size = #0
       <\parenthesize ees''>4