LilyJazz 2.0

From: Curt
Subject: LilyJazz 2.0
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 22:26:27 -0700

Hi everyone!

About two weeks ago I was struggling to figure out how to get lilyjazz
installed. Due to the recent changes with lilypond’s fonts, many of the
instructions online were out of date, and the downloadable versions of the font
were out of date and had incomplete instructions.

Abraham was nice enough to give me the most up-to-date version, and
instructions. As a result of that, I’ve issued a “pull request” to the git
repository that had the previous version of the font. The PR is basically the
contents of what Abraham sent me - the updated fonts, documentation, up-to-date
stylesheets, and examples. Abraham has also looked over the PR and approved its
accuracy.

https://github.com/OpenLilyPondFonts/lilyjazz/pull/2

If this can be approved by the maintainer of OpenLilyPondFonts (Steve Lacy?),
then we will have a publicly available latest version of LilyJazz.

With this release, I am also hopeful we can update the other parts of the
website that have out of date information:

http://lilypondblog.org/2013/09/lilypond-and-lilyjazz/
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/09/lilyponds-look-and-feel/

In addition, the lyp-packages (Sharon?) lilyjazz package could be updated to
use the newer font files:
https://github.com/lyp-packages/lilyjazz

Finally, I could have sworn that I saw references to defunct previous website
of the font, perhaps to fonts.openlilylib.org, on the lilypond official
documentation, perhaps the changelog… but I cannot seem to find it now, so
maybe that has been fixed already.

Thanks!
Curt