Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:24:05 -0500

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
> If LilyPond or its community isn't friendly to people who want to experiment
> with notation, I guess I'm finding that out pretty quickly.
>
>  -Ken

As far as experimental notation, something crazy-different like the
Sorabij curve...

http://lilypondblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/compound-slur-example-sorabij.pdf

...might get a better community response than something that's just
slightly different, but still frustrating to achieve, and not
immediately obvious as something "better." I've had issues where I
ended up thinking, "I don't care what Elaine Gould the "Behind Bars"
author says about how things should be! My audience wants me to do it
OUR way!"
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA