Re: Skylines and custom MMR range engraver

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Skylines and custom MMR range engraver
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 17:06:25 +0200

Am 06.10.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Pierre-Luc Gauthier:
I suspect that, to overcome this limitation and thus being able to
print*bellow*  the staff, _this line was added to make the object have
no dimensions at all thus no collision.

\with-dimensions #empty-interval #empty-interval

I think you’re right.

The problem with this is, as shown in the image attached, that there
is no skylines around the grob an thus collisions happens in the score
with adjacent systems.

I suspect the way to go with this is to make this markup go bellow the
staff in the first place.

That’s not so easy because the markup is part of the MultiMeasureRestNumber grob and *one* grob cannot have *two* directions/locations ;)

How would you go about doing that?

I tried some things and finally found a possible solution:
        \override MultiMeasureRestNumber.Y-offset = 2.45
The 2.45 seems to be the default value which can be found using the following code without any special engravers:

\relative c' {
  \override MultiMeasureRestNumber.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (display (ly:grob-property grob 'Y-offset))
     (newline))
  \compressFullBarRests
  R1*7