Re: fingering and midi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: fingering and midi
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 14:55:57 +0200

Ben <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10/2/2017 6:17 AM, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
>> This code works as expected...
>>
>> The following code is pretty the same except I added the fingering
>> to the notes...
>>
>>     \version "2.19.65"
>>     \score {
>>       \articulate
>>       \fixed c'' { d^.-1 c^.-1 d^.-1 c^.-1} %with fingering
>>       \layout {}
>>       \midi { }
>>     }
>>

>> but the generated codes is no more 'staccato'.
>>
>> Is this normal?
>> Best regards, g.
>>

> Hello,
>
> If you reverse the order of fingering / articulation, it works just
> fine on my end.

Looks like a bug in the implementation of
commit 327fc82bafec17c249b78b8be19a71ff83b0a32c
Author: Heikki Tauriainen <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Aug 8 09:22:42 2015 +0300

    articulate.ly: update documentation, add support for portato

    This changeset updates the articulate.ly script documentation on the
supported
    articulations with a description of ac:staccatissimoFactor, and adds
    ac:portatoFactor for shortening notes marked \portato, and slurred notes
marked
    \staccato.  The default value for ac:portatoFactor is 3/4 (to match the
    current default shortening factor for notes marked \portato when not using
    articulate.ly).

Don't see an obvious candidate for the problem immediately.

--
David Kastrup