Re: Seeking LilyPond Engravers for Paid Work

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: Re: Seeking LilyPond Engravers for Paid Work
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:00:03 -0700

> Do you engrave the Lilypond scores with several different page
> dimensions in advance and upload them to your app as images, or does
> your software use Lilypond to render them dynamically? Depending on the
> extent to which Lilypond is a component of your software, you might want
> to make sure that your EULA <http://scoremaestro.com/eula> doesn't
> violate GPLv3.

Mason,

We do not render scores dynamically with LilyPond in our app. LilyPond is not a
part of our app. LilyPond is one of the tools we use to generate image data
that is processed into the format our app uses.

We also use Finale and Sibelius if that is the source provided by our clients.
We prefer LilyPond for scores we engrave from scratch for quality reasons.

Chris