Re: Forcing non-standard accidental behaviour

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Forcing non-standard accidental behaviour
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:44:55 -0700 (MST)

Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote
> Is it possible to force Lilypond into using strictly "relative"
> accidentals?
>
> What I mean by this: A raised 4th in d-major (g-sharp) gets a sharp sign.
> raised 4th in f-major (b-natural) gets a natural sign. I want this to get
> sharp sign as well; I even want "beses" to be printed with a single flat
> sign in f major. (In my context, this is not as mad as it certainly seems
> now.)
>
> \version "2.19.44"
>
> \transpose c c'
> {
>   \key d \major
>   d e fis gis
>   \bar "||"
>   \key f \major
>   f g a b^"This should get a sharp sign"
>   c' beses_"This should get a single flat sign" a
> }

Hi there,

Have you checked out the various accidental 'rules' that LilyPond offers? I
find them very useful when engraving "non-standard" contemporary scores...

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals

Perhaps you can modify one of these to get exactly what you need...?

Hope this helps.

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
lilypond video tutorials --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond