Re: Video generation on linux systems: Note and rests change color

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Video generation on linux systems: Note and rests change color
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 17:54:58 +0200

Hi Adam!
Two questions:

1. Please can you put the source files in a git repository and publish
it somewhere (e.g. GitLab.com), to reduce barrier to collaboration?

Well, not now.

2. Would it be possible to generate video which is perfectly
synchronised with a live performance with variable tempi?

That's my mid-term objective. You see that there is a video with a fft
visualization on my youtube channel ....

The problem of synchronization is not trivial for less than optimal
performances / recordings. Not only tempi change, there is reverb, there is
applause, musicians make mistakes, a choir goes flat ....

Knut