Re: Moving a tempo mark to the right

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: Re: Moving a tempo mark to the right
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 22:11:49 +0100

On 01/09/17 21:11, Anthony Youngman wrote:
The big problem I can see is if sometimes it occurs at the start of a line, in which case the rehearsal mark will naturally move left out of the way, and letting lily move stuff around may move it to the middle of the line where I get a collision. Saying "move this grob a fixed distance" is going to completely mess up if this happens. So I need something that stops a collision, not something that moves text/marks out of the way.

BINGO!

Not perfect, but it looks a lot better. Dunno why, but I thought \markLengthOn affected rehearsal marks. It doesn't, it affects tempo marks, and it does exactly what I want, moving them out of the way so they don't collide with rehearsal marks! :-) :-) Even better, my tune names are aligned on the tempo marks! :-)

I still want some way of making rehearsal marks push notes sideways out of the way, as it looks naff and can waste space, but it's much better.

The only thing now is outside-staff-priority doesn't move stuff if there's no collision :-) I've told it to put the tune above the tempo, but the tempo has been pushed up by an MMR count, and because that's left enough space underneath for the tune, it's put it there :-)

Cheers,
Wol