Re: \transposition question

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: \transposition question
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 22:50:45 +0200

On 31.08.2017 21:50, Menu Jacques wrote:
I’m trying to understand how \transposition works with enharmony.

In the following, what key should be chosen (instead of D major) in the fourth score for a soon-to-be-created Trumpet in A#?

I don’t get it. Technically, you could write Ebb major, that’s only ten flats in the key signature…
What on earth should be the point of a Trumpet in A#?

Best, Simon