Re: Understanding how \tag works in \relative pitched music

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Understanding how \tag works in \relative pitched music
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 09:07:48 -0400

Hi,

> Huh, can't say I've heard of \fixed.

It may have been a relatively [ha!] recent addition…?
See <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/absolute-note-names>

> I always use \transpose c c'', which seems to have the same effect. It looks
> stupid in the code, though.

A quick find-and-replace should solve that.  =)

> And yeah, absolute mode is a lot easier than relative. If I want to duplicate
> a measure, I prefer just duplicating it instead of having to adjust the
> octave.

Agreed. And including variables in multiple scores is immediate, etc.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info