Re: How to make this postscript spanner to work with L&R bound-details?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to make this postscript spanner to work with L&R bound-details?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 23:42:09 +0200

Hi Dimitris,

> vibratospanner.ly
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n204375/vibratospanner.ly>

Looks like you edited Marks file he posted here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-04/msg00793.html
or is it a later version?

Anyway, both versions are not perfect in determing begin/end of broken
spanner-parts.

> I want to be able to lengthen/shorten this spanner so that I can avoid
> potential collisions. The left padding works perfectly  but the end of the
> spanner doesn't respond to any kind of padding.

Really?
If I apply
\override TrillSpanner.bound-details.left.padding = 15
to the example, the spanners are shortened to the _right_. Wouldn't
call it perfect ...

I think, one needs to explore why the begin/end of broken
spanner-parts are off sometimes, before one could think of
implementing another shorten/lengthen-feature.

Too late for me today, though. Maybe the upcoming days ...

Cheers,
  Harm

P.S.
gmail always puts your mails in my spam-folder ....