Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.94beta - Quick note Lilypond entry using MIDI for

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.94beta - Quick note Lilypond entry using MIDI for Linux
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:59:14 +0200

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:27:24 +1000, Vaughan McAlley
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I’m pleased to announce LilyQuick 0.94beta. The main new feature is that
> it counts rhythms as you go and automatically enters bar checks. Also,
> some settings have been made reachable from within LilyQuick rather than
> just the settings file.

Great job. No problems getting it to run on Fedora 25.

Since I usually do note input with Denemo, I tried to change the key
definitions to match Denemo ( 0 = whole, 1 = half, 2 = quart, ...  ).
I changed the definitions in LQkeyboardEvents.lua but this doesn't seem to
work. Reading the code in LilyQuick.lua (lines 664 ...) doesn't make clear
how this is supposed to work.

Can you explain?

Also, it may be a good idea to make the keystrokes match Denemo by default.

Thanks for your contribution!

-- Johan