Re: transpose range

From: Manuela Gößnitzer
Subject: Re: transpose range
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:50:31 +0200

You need to split the music _expression_, I cannot think of a different solution because

\transpose c e, \music

would be too low.

The result of a transpose operation sometimes generate notes that are too high (or too low) for my needs. In this case I would like to have these notes one octave lower (or higher).

Is there any way to indicate a range where the notes should stay when applying a transpose function?

Here it is an example code with the issue.

\version "2.19.60"
music = \fixed c' {c e g c}

{\music}
{\transpose c e \music} %b is too high