Re: Jianpu equal spacing

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Jianpu equal spacing
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:55:11 -0500

On Fri 23 Jun 2017 at 17:48:19 (+0800), Molbo wrote:
> Thanks Simon
>
> I have looked at that page already, but I cannot really figure out how to use
> it, because the snippets of jianpu I have found look completely different.
> And mainly because I am completely new to lilypond and it very difficult to
> find help when it comes to jianpu.
> I can give an example.
>
> title=博基上校进行曲
> 1=C
> 2/4
> q1' q0 q7. s6 q5 q3 q1 q3 q5 s5 s6 q5 s5 s6 5 -
>
> Where and how would I put the code then?

Glancing at this thread, it looks as if you write code in something
called "jianpu" which Python then translates into LilyPond code.
Unless there's a method for adding literal LP code to jianpu which
is then copied into the LP code, you'll have to modify the Python
output before passing it to LilyPond itself.

Proportional notation is typically added at the score level with
an override in the layout, thus:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/16)

though it's possible that older LP versions might need the
more modern syntax changing to

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)

All the documentation around §4.5.5 in NR will have to be applied
to your LP code, not to the original jianpu code which, for most
of us, is an unknown language. (This assumes that I have guessed
correctly what jianpu-ly.py is and does.)

Cheers,
David.