Re: Halving/doubling durations

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Halving/doubling durations
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:12:33 +0200

Hi Peter,

if you use Frescobaldi for writing your music (and I very much can recommend that!!), it has a lot of such things built in.

http://www.frescobaldi.org/index.html

Best,
Robert

Am 14.06.17 um 12:02 schrieb address@hidden:

Hi Folks,
    Lots of older music is written in 4/2 or 3/2 time, and uses minims
    as the standard note.  I'd like to be able to enter it exactly for
    proof reading, then halve all the note values (and the time
    signature) so the main melody is in crotchets instead of minims.

    Example, the old Hymn Tune, `All Saints'

\score {
          \new Staff \relative c'' {
               \key bes \major  \time 4/2
               bes2 f g g |
               f es d4( c) bes2

I'd like to convert this automatically to

\score {
          \new Staff \relative c'' {
               \key bes \major  \time 4/4
               bes4 f g g |
               f es d8( c) bes4

by something like
    \halveDurations { music ... }

It'd be fairly easy to write a music function that does this,  but I
wanted to ask first if there was one already existing I could use.

Peter C