Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 12:53:44 -0400

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

>> Is there an equivalent command for baseline-skip?
>> I know about \override #'(baseline-skip . 13), but I believe that's
>> only for overriding the "current" markup?
>
> {
>  c1-\markup \column { a b c }
>  \override TextScript.baseline-skip = #20
>  c-\markup \column { a b c }
> }

Hmmm… Then there's another reason (that I clearly don't understand) why the
first mod attempt in this snippet doesn't work but the second one does:

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.61"

huge = {
  \set fontSize = #5
  \override TextScript.baseline-skip = #100
}

loremIpsum = \markup \wordwrap {
  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit,
  sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
}

\markup \loremIpsum
\markup \vspace #2
\markup \huge \loremIpsum
\markup \vspace #2
\markup \fontsize #2 \override #'(baseline-skip . 20) \loremIpsum
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer