Re: pushing items "through" or "beyond" other contexts

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: pushing items "through" or "beyond" other contexts
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 12:26:02 -0400

Hi Simon,

> here you are with an elaboration: <http://lilybin.com/f2e2fx/1>

Thanks.
It's good to know what the "solution" is, in this MWE context.
It might even be feasible — albeit frustratingly verbose — in a simple
situation (e.g., piano with centred dynamics).

That being said, I was (am still?) hoping for a more robust and extensible
solution: in the real-world situations I'm looking at, this method/mechanism
either won't work at all, or at the very least would seem to be a coding,
reusability, and maintenance nightmare.

> BTW, your snippet would have been more compilable without the typographical
> quotes

Sorry!  =(

> (it seems your mail client inserts them - can you send as plain text?)

My emails *are* plain text!  =)  Unfortunately, it looks like my last Mac OS
upgrade turned on a [system-wide] preference to auto-substitute "smart quotes".
I've now turned that off. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info