Re: Strict note spacing

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Strict note spacing
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 20:49:38 +0200

So, as I don’t find any other possibility … is it possible to know the staff-space unit values of the width of any given measure and the horizontal positions of the notes therein (or their distance to the preceding or following bar line)?
Then I could probably write a function to automatically set the X-offset for every NoteColumn or ChordName to get the desired consistent output.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de

Hello all,

I am still working on a type of lead sheet that only shows chord symbols.
For the bars to align well, I need to set SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing to true (set it to false to see what I mean), but that has the unwanted effect of the last chord symbol in a bar having less space than the others. So, of course with strict-note-spacing the distance from chord to chord is the same, regardless of there being a bar line in-between or not. But I need the distance from a chord to a bar line to be the same as from a chord to the next chord.
Is there any way to get that result?

\version "2.19.59"

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode {
    \repeat unfold 3 {
      a4 a a a
    } \break
    \repeat unfold 6 {
      a4 a a a

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChordNames
    \consists "Bar_engraver"
    \override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-2 . 2)
    \override ChordName.Y-offset = #-0.9
  }

  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
    \override SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t

\paper {
  indent = 0
}

Thanks,