Re: minimal-breaking not working as expected

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: minimal-breaking not working as expected
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 21:31:15 +0200

Am 01.05.2017 um 20:37 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hello all,

In v2.19.59, I’m using

   page-breaking = #ly:minimal-breaking
   page-count = 10
   systems-per-page = 2

… and the output has 16 pages, 14 of which contain one system (2 pages have 2
systems each).

As I misunderstanding and/or misusing these features?

I’ve never used the minimal-breaking algorithm, so this is of limited value, but: The default algorithm handles systems-per-page with some flexibility, so e.g.
  system-count = 15
  systems-per-page = 4
will likely result in one page having only 3 systems without any warning given. However, page-count has always been strictly obeyed in my scores, so at least that would qualify as a bug, I think.

I take it that creating a minimal example will be very difficult?

Best, Simon