Re: Changing the length of voice follower lines

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Changing the length of voice follower lines
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 00:27:07 +0200

> I’ve got a piano piece with many voice follower lines from one hand to the
> other. Most often the lines end up being too long and unsightly, extending
> through beams and stems. I know how to move them with
> VoiceFollower.extra-offset, but I can’t figure out how to change their
> length. I messed around with other things, like extents, but I don’t really
> understand those (I understand them theoretically, but not practically) and,
> anyway, nothing ever gets changed regardless of the values I use. Can’t help
> but think there’s probably an obvious answer, but I’m certainly not finding
> it!
>
> What could I add below to shorten the right (top) end of the voice-follow
> line?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Dan
>

> \version "2.19.58"
>
> \score {
>      \new PianoStaff
>        <<
>      \new Staff = "right" \relative c'
>      { \clef treble <g ees'>2. f'4 }
>
>     \new Staff = "left" \relative c
>     { \showStaffSwitch
>       \clef bass r4 bes ees4
>       \change Staff = "right" \stemDown d'8 f, }
>       >>
> }

\score {
      \new PianoStaff
        <<
      \new Staff = "right" \relative c'
      { \clef treble <g ees'>2. f'4 }

     \new Staff = "left" \relative c
     {
       \showStaffSwitch
       \clef bass r4 bes
       ees4
       \once \override VoiceFollower.bound-details.right.padding = 2.4
       %% Similar for bound-details.left.padding
       %% Other keys are possible as well
       \change Staff = "right" \stemDown d'8 f,

HTH,
  Harm