Re: Page frames/watermarks

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Page frames/watermarks
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:06:57 -0500

On Wed 19 Apr 2017 at 09:29:19 (+0100), Richard Shann wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-04-19 at 09:53 +0200, Psalle wrote:

> > > Thread starting at
> > > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-04/msg00135.html
> > Thanks! So it seems there's no easy in-lilypond way to do such absolute
> > positioning of things... I could try the latex route suggested therein.
>
> The conclusion that worked for the OP was to use postscript directly in
> the LilyPond file, surrounding the code with gsave ... grestore
>
> I don't know how this relates to latex.

It doesn't. The "LaTeX" solution was part of an alternative method,
one which has different advantages. Which one is more attractive
to _this_ OP depends on whether "within" is a binding condition.

LaTeX was a non-essential part of the method anyway, but might have
stuck in the mind of this OP because of the previous OP writing
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-04/msg00148.html
The method was really about tools such as pdfjam and pdftk. And the
thrust of my contributions was to (1) dissuade the OP from doing the
task interactively and (2) encourage the OP to question their
colleague about why they were "needing" lines/boxes/frames at all.

Cheers,
David.