Re: lilypond errors on a guitar minor sixth chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: lilypond errors on a guitar minor sixth chord
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 20:16:39 +0200

> I would seem that lilypond doesn't like minor sixth chords. All my guitar
> fretboards seem to be fine, but I get errors on all chords with a minor
> sixth. Here's some of the code:
>
> b-flat4 bf/f g4:dim/e e-flat:m6
>
> Here's the corresponding error complaining about the "m6"
>
> warning: No string for pitch #<Pitch ees' > (given frets (11 11 8))
>
> b-flat4 bf/f g4:dim/e
>
> e-flat:m6
>
> [8][16][24]
>
> If i remove the sixth and just make it an "e-flat:m", there's no error.
>
> I thought a minor sixth was pretty standard. Or am I misinterpreting the
> error?
>
> I have \include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly" at the top of the file...
>
> I'm using \version "2.19.49"
>
> Stan

Can't confirm.

Compiling:

\version "2.19.56"

\language "english"

\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

m = \chordmode { b-flat4 bf/f g4:dim/e e-flat:m6 }
<<
\new ChordNames \m
\new Staff { \accidentalStyle forget \m }

gives a clean run, no warnings/errors and the attached (cropped) image.

The problem must be somewhere else.

Cheers,
  Harm