Re: Slurs within chords, within tuplets -- seem to be ignored (without w

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Slurs within chords, within tuplets -- seem to be ignored (without warnings!)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:35:44 +0200

> Dear lilypond experts,
>
> This tiny example compiles without warnings or errors, yet the Slurs in the
> first two measures seem to be ignored.
>
> Measures three and four demonstrate that the issue can be resolved by
> splitting into separate Voices, and could be cleaned up by tweaking, but as
> the music is only one voice, this is hardly an improvement.
>
> Can anybody tell me why the interleaved inter-chord inter-tuplet slurs are
> not appearing? ...and no collision warnings?

You already got a reply best fitting your needs.

Though to be complete, I had a closer look at your example:
_All_ Slurs and PhrasingSlurs you coded are present, none is ignored.
It may not match your expectations, but this is another story.

Slurred chords always get _one_ Slur, this common best practice.

For the special case of slurred thirds (and similiar) we have the
doubleSlur-context-property.

See also:

\version "2.18.2"

\relative c'' {
    <a c>(
    <b d>)
    \set doubleSlurs = ##t
    <a c>(
    <b d>)
    \unset doubleSlurs
    <a_( c\(>
    <b) d\)>
}

For the very rare exception of every chords element to be slurred, new
devel versions offer a special command to set the spanner-id:

\version "2.19.56"

\fixed c' {
  < c\=1( e\=2( g\=3( >2

  Harm