How to force script (articulation custom function) inside staff ?

From: Les Éditions Valmajour - pg
Subject: How to force script (articulation custom function) inside staff ?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:48:27 +0200

Dear list members,
I have to use lots of dots and dashes in a score, so I found a snippet to apply an articulation (staccato) function to a long passage. I tried to adapt it for another articulation, the one I need (portato, = dot + dash)
It works well, except the positioning: it remains outside the Staff.
I would like to get the same positioning behavior than the default articulation (inside the staff)

I found a beginning of solution, but now the dots and dashes don't avoid collisions with the staff lines. (cf attached .ly). And I kinda feel that \override is not the clean trick.

Do anyone know how I can achieve this?
Thank you!
Best,
/Pierre