Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves don't work as I would to

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves don't work as I would to
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:07:43 +0200

Hi Son,

about minimal examples, see my comments below. ;)

> neither \\RemoveAllEmptyStaves ..
>
> This is my try for a Minimum example, sorry if I failed to make it smaller:
>
> \version "2.19.26"
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Score

no need for skipBars

>     skipBars = ##t
>     %\RemoveEmptyStaves
>   }
> }
> PartPOneVoiceOne =  \relative g' {

no need for
clef "treble" \key c \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4
it's mostly the default, or suoerfluous for a minimal
Also too many notes/rests.

>   \clef "treble" \key c \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4 g1 | % 2
>   g1 \break | % 3
>   R1*2 \bar "|."
> }
>
> PartPTwoVoiceOne =  \relative b' {

same here

>   \clef "treble" \key c \major \numericTimeSignature\time 4/4 R1*2
>   \break | % 3
>   b1 | % 4
>   b1 \bar "|."
> }

For a minimal no complete score-definition, (unless the problem would
be in there)

> % The score definition
> \score {
>   <<
>     \new Staff <<
>       \set Staff.instrumentName = "Voce"
>       \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Vo."
>       \context Staff <<
>         \context Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" { \PartPOneVoiceOne }
>       >>
>     >>
>     \new Staff <<
>       \set Staff.instrumentName = "Soprano"
>       \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "S."
>       \context Staff <<
>         \context Voice = "PartPTwoVoiceOne" { \PartPTwoVoiceOne }
>       >>
>     >>
>   >>
>   }

Remaining minimal with solution,

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \RemoveEmptyStaves

<<
  \new Staff { g'1 \break R1 }
  \new Staff { R1 \break b'1 }

RemoveEmptyStaves needs to be applied in a Staff-context, examples in the NR

Cheers,
  Harm