detect line breaks

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: detect line breaks
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:19:06 +0200

Dear list,

I'd like to add line numbers to a score. I thought, ackowledging the system-interface might help, but that isn't called in a scheme-engraver:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.58"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \consists
    #(lambda (context)
       (make-engraver
        (acknowledgers
         ((system-interface engraver grob source-engraver)
          (ly:message "System"))
         )
        ))

\repeat unfold 25 \relative { c' d e f }

Also line-break-events are only catched, if they are actively fired.
Is there a way to acknowledge line-breaks with a scheme-engraver?
Of course there is, otherwise break-alignment would not work. So maybe I don't see the forest for the trees?

So my question is: How can I detect line-breaks?

TIA

Jan-Peter