Re: A "phylosophical" question

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: A "phylosophical" question
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:08:20 -0400

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Son_V <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sorry for the subject, I wasn't able to choose a better one.
> I usually try to put in a beautiful way scores that came fro copy to copy.
> So I try to be loyal to what I find; but I got a score, see below,
>
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n201532/1.png>
>
> that Lilypond writes differently, see
>
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n201532/2.png>
>
> Who is right?
> And if them right one is the first,k how can I tell Lilypond to make what is
> in the first picture?
> PS I do not have "Beyond bars" at hand, and moreover it should be hard to
> find the answer, i fear.

I'm guessing here since you didn't actually specify your question -
are you asking about the beaming?

The quavers would logically be grouped in four (2.png). That's an
assumption without any of the surrounding musical context of course,
but even with that I would normally expect a group of four since this
belongs to a single word.

If we are in some strange meter and these lyrics are simply there for
phrasing - say, it's actually a violin part playing what is
transcribed from a vocal piece - then *maybe* that could be different.
Still, lyrics pretty much speak for themselves phrasing/beaming-wise..

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/beams

--

Jeffery Shivers
 jefferyshivers.com