Determine the page position of a system

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Determine the page position of a system
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:15:45 +0100

Hi all,

I'd be interested in knowing the exact position of all systems in a
score. What I'd like to achieve is write out an auxiliary file
containing information about the musical moment and the vertical
position of each system. I know about the moment but not about the page
position. [1]

The goal is to retrieve the current measure when clicking anywhere in a
score in Frescobaldi. The overall goal is then to be able to sync the
rendered score, the input, and a manuscript displayed in the Manuscript
Viewer, which would be terrific to have.

Which property/ies would I have to read out from which objects at what
time (in which callback)?

Thanks for any suggestions
Urs

[1] A fallback solution would be to use an approach like
lilypond-book-preamble to produce the score as a sequence of individual
files. That would of course also allow the exact linking of a click to a
system. But I'd prefer to have that functionality independently from
such far-reaching (and limiting) conditions.

--
address@hidden
https://openlilylib.org