Pedal bracket to end of note duration

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Pedal bracket to end of note duration
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 20:52:05 +1100

How can one get the pedal bracket line to extend to the end of the note duration for which the sustain off event is given?

Referring to this specific MWE below, I would like the pedal bracket to extend to just before the barline, similar to what one can do with hairpins.

I suspect this is a FAQ on the list but I have never been able to unearth a proper solution. And yes, Gould et al. may have rules, but I need this for the MSS that I engrave all the time. I can achieve the effect using shorten pair, but this is always trail and error, and therefore tedious and error prone.

Andrew

== snip

\version "2.19.56"

{
  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket
  c'4 c'\sustainOn c' c'\sustainOff
  c'1
}

== snip