Using italic font for TextScript messes up \dynamic display

From: kmg
Subject: Using italic font for TextScript messes up \dynamic display
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 03:43:19 +0100

I'm using custom font of which I have only regular italic variant; while it makes _expression_ text look good, it also makes dynamics made in \markup appear like they were typed in this font instead with my music font.

MWE (somewhat):

c\sfz-\markup { \italic "cresc." } %works
c-\markup { \dynamic "sfz" \italic "cresc." } %sfz is displayed in TextScript font instead of music font

How it looks like; left = \dynamic in \markup, right = note\dynamic - http://i.imgur.com/N0QodeO.png

Is there a way to set it so \dynamics will display actual glyph from my music font? If you're wondering about the font, I bought it, so I'm kinda limited to only regular italic variant; besides - if it's rendering the TextScript font anyway, it would look bad when paired with actual music font dynamic glyph... which is weird, because it ~should~ render music font always, right? When using default TextScript font, it works perfectly, so I assume there's a problem having only one variant of the this font (regular italics).

As a workaround I'm using #(make-dynamic-script) when using combined dynamics, or \musicglyph; it's troublesome to adjust following text every time and messing with overrides though. Also, \musicglyph is nice for single letter + text, but it fails when doing combined dynamics. Found out that using \markup { \dynamic p \override #'(font-name . "font") \italic "text" } works too, but it would've been great if it worked out of the box. Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski