Re: merging different voices (Federico Camara Halac)

From: Federico Camara Halac
Subject: Re: merging different voices (Federico Camara Halac)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 17:21:56 +0100

Hello list,

thank you Joe, Urs, Son V

I have a much better understanding of my problem now! Huge thanks

I think that at least for now, the solution is to work *before* passing the input to Lilypond. This is actually where I spend most of my time, anyways. I am working with Jaime Oliver's [notes] external for Pd (http://nyu-waverlylabs.org/notes/), and I could perform the text operations there.

I did not know about python-ly, which seems more suitable for this kind of editing. I am really liking it, thank you Urs. I think the Schemes are a bit ahead of me for now, though, but will try to catch up asap!

About pseudo-midi: as you describe it, It seems like the ideal place for this editing. Thanks for suggesting, Joe! But, would pseudo midi have technique information, notehead, etc..? What is the format of a *real* pseudo-midi? I’d be willing to work in this, indeed!

NOTE: looking at the <input> messages for [notes], it is as close as I can think of to a pseudo-midi text, and it is in itself the result of several custom made operations:

<input -pit 63 -dur 2 -txt pizz. …>, <input -pit 72 -dur 5 -txt pizz. …>, ...

Now, I will try merge two [notes] <inputs> but my guess is it will not necessarily mean merging two musically constructed scores together, but two text lines that happen to be in the same line of two different text files. I may be mistaken but will try anyways and report!

Finally, I haven’t used Musescore, but I might as well see what it’s about..

Again, thank you all for your responses!

best,
fd